Monday, May 07, 2012

A Little Bit of Worry

Charles in the Window
Today was warm enough to have the windows open for the fresh air. Charles loves to sit in the window and watch the birds. He thinks he can catch one, but I know better!

My house maid is concerned for me. Apparently she has concluded that I don't hear very well anymore. She calls to me and makes loud noises and I don't turn. I've had a chronic yeast infection in my ears for many years that is un-treatable (because I refuse to let her do it!), so she is not sure if that has damaged my hearing or what. But hey, I'm 15 years old, I could just be getting hard of hearing. I did manage to hear her talking to her daughter about taking me to the (v-word), but I hope she doesn't go to that extreme. I'm perfectly happy, and it just means I don't have to listen to her chattering at me all the time! Honestly, half the time she doesn't make any sense anyhow.

Getting old for a cat is probably very similar to humans experience of it. One thing after another seems to go. At least I still have my looks, I know that. And my appetite is as healthy as ever! My maid complains about her memory going, but I'm as sharp as a tack. So there! 



Anonymous said...

We are told quite often that we don't hear anything also. What's being said isn't all that important anyway. Listening for birds - that's important, very important.

san said...

We only hear what's important. Sometimes humans just chat fur nothing. A 15-year old cat knows whats best :)

A few Good Cats said...

We understand completely. Lizzie has a limp now due to a calcium deposit in her right front leg, and Caitie doesn't jump so well anymore because of some bone spurs on her spine. But they're still content and loving, enjoying life each day.

Lucky Lady said...


Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Maybe you just have selective hearing!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Leia, you really should be good and let your maid treat your ears. A few months ago I went deaf and mum could see one of my ears was a little dirty, but not too bad, so she bought some ear cleaner and cleaned my ears every day. After about 3 days a big solid lump of wax fell out when I shook my head and my hearing has been coming back more all the time and is almost normal again. Now she cleans my ears once every 2 weeks to keep them wax free.